Enjoy a truly unique experience to be a part of a young farm. If you’ve ever considered the life of a vegetable farmer, this is your chance to experience it without the risk. Plus, learn to grow in the challenging short growing season of the upper Midwest.
2019 Positions Available:
Description: These are seasonal positions starting 4/22/2019 – 10/25/2019. We are looking for a self-motivated individuals who would like to gain experience working on a small direct marketed farm. Employee(s) should be:
- In good physical condition with the ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Able to work efficiently and quickly
- Maintain our standards of high quality produce and customer service
- Able to work in a team as well as independently
- Energetic and reliable
- Eager to learn and able to follow instruction well
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Seeding, transplanting, weeding, mowing, general farm upkeep
- Harvesting/washing/packing for CSA boxes, wholesale orders, and farmers market
- Making deliveries and working the farmers market stand
- Running a tractor and walk-behind tractors and implements
- Assisting in the kitchen on sourdough bake days,
- Assist with rotationally grazed, holistically managed goats – milk, move fencing, etc.
- Assisting on occasional building projects, etc.
Additionally, we’re interested in candidates with the following skills (preferred, but not necessary): carpentry skills, small livestock management, small dairy experience.
To apply, please send cover letter, resume and 3 references to email@example.com or call Jonathon at 701-368-1552 for more information.
About the Farm: Owned and operated by Hannah & Jonathon Moser, our mission is to revive the food culture in North Dakota by providing fresh, local, seasonal food to our community. 2019 will mark our 6th growing season. We supply the community through local restaurants, food co-ops, farm to school, farmers markets, and our CSA program. We follow organic standards although we are not certified organic. We do not use any synthetic fertilizers or pesticides, or any genetically modified seed. In addition to veggies, we sell artisan sourdough bread and pizza crusts. We also have a small herd of rotationally grazed dairy goats. We farm on 2.5 acres near Streeter, ND.